Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Day in the life...

It has been a busy day! This morning I had to take my oldest to the orthodontist because one of his front teeth has come in too far back. They are going to put braces just on the four front teeth to get that one back in line. Other than that his teeth are in good shape.

Then I had to go to the post office to mail all of our tax stuff to the accountant. We got an extension until August 15 back in April, so finally getting all that stuff together yesterday was a huge accomplishment. That was what that 'day of reckoning' was all about. They had given me a deadline of August 1 to get it done. I'm so terrible about that stuff. That's another reason why I need an assistant.

Then I dropped 4 rolls of film to be developed while I went to Krogers for groceries. (Yeah, I know this is boring. I'm just trying to make myself look useful.) I went to Blockbuster real quick to rent three movies, Constantine (I like Keanu Reeves), Hide and Seek, and The Life Aquatic (I like Bill Murray). Then I did that grocery shopping. So $154.04 (for groceries) and an hour and a half later I went back to Walgreens to pick up my pictures that I haven't even looked at yet.

Okay, I just looked at them and they developed them kind of dark. At least I can adjust that on the computer. blah, blah, blah Other than that they turned out pretty good. I'll post some as soon as I can.

Tomorrow my dad has his surgery to map and remove some lymph nodes to see if the melanoma has spread. I have to get up real early to take him. And we'll be there all day since it's outpatient surgery. So wish us luck and I'll try to post an update sometime tomorrow night.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Beatles title. :-)

The only one of those movies I''ve seen is The Life Aquatic. While I really enjoyed it, it's not standard Bill Murray fare. Nor typical Owen Wilson fare, for that matter. Will you be doing a review after you've watched them?

I'll say a prayer for you, your dad and your family.

Rae Ann said...

Thanks! One of my favorite Bill Murray movies is Lost In Translation. I like unusual movies. If I like these movies real well I'll do a review, or if I hate them. (thanks too for the prayers)

ghartstein said...

I Hope things go well with your dad...all the best!

Rainypete said...

Good luck with your dad. With any luck all they find is lymph nodes. No extra nastiness would be a good thing.

eatmisery said...

Good luck to your father. You'll all be in my thoughts.

Kat said...

Good luck with your Dad!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Blog! I added you to my bookmarks. My site is on xbox360 game reviews if you would like to come and give me a review!

Anonymous said...

This site has a blog about Ho(s). You gotta scroll down... but it's pretty funny. It's called Google Fails

thestuffido.blogspot.com

Rae Ann said...

mr g, rainypete, eatmisery, kat, madman, and anonymouses, thanks! We had an unreal ordeal yesterday and I'll post more details about it. Nothing serious, just a lot of hurry-up-and-wait. We'll get the results Monday.