Friday, March 24, 2006

Country Questions

I saw this over at Kat's.


1. Have you ever been muddin’? Does that mean four-wheeling? (yes) Or rolling around in the mud? (not intentionally)

2. Have you ever been on a dirt/gravel road? We do now, well, this is even worse... it's half paved and half gravel.

3. Ever been swimmin’ at the river? Yes, as a child, but I didn't like it. My hand brushed up against some long, stringy moss or something under the water that felt just like long hair and that creeped me out so bad I still get chills thinking about it.

4. Ever had a bonfire party? Yes.

5. Have you ever driven a tractor? Yeah, we have a John Deere, but I think it's scary to drive.

6. Have you ever been on a horse? Yes, and I love it even though I'm not that good at it.

7. Call a kiss “sugar” (Gimme some sugar)? All the time.

8. Get stuck, in a 4WD, in mud up to the windows? No, but I have been four-wheeling in a truck.

9. Do you say fixin’, reckon and ya’ll? fixin' not so much, but reckon and ya'll all the time

10. Ever done 90 mph down a dirt road? No, not a dirt road. ;-)

11. Worked/Lived on a farm? No, but we are surrounded by them and I had relatives with a farm when I was a kid.

12. Been to a rodeo? No

13. Do you own cowboy boots? Not now but in high school I did

14. Have you ever went rollin’ yard? No.

15. Have you ever said “git er done”? I wrote it the other day!

16. Does your town have a “Drive A Tractor to School Day”? No.

17. Have you ever had a party in a barn? Not hosted one but been to one.

18. Do you think tractors are sexy? Uh, no, but erectors (cranes) are cool... lol

19. Ever rode a 4-wheeler? No.

20. Are you from the country? Yeah, I guess so.

21. If so, are you proud of it? Of course!

22. Gone hunting? No, but I've run over a variety of critters.

23. Gone fishing? Yes, I love fishing as long as the fish are biting. And I'm pretty good at it.

24. Can you clog or have you been clogging? No.

25. Been on a hay ride? yeah

26. Have you ever line danced? A few times, but I don't enjoy it.

27. Camped under the stars? No, I'm not a camper.

28. Ever been cow tippin’? No

29. Ever owned a pick up truck? Many, currently we have a huge Ford F350 dually, club cab that's about 50 feet long (well, maybe 20). I can drive it, but I don't like to.

30. Had a pig for a pet? No. But we had a goat for a while until it ran away or was stolen.

31. Own a pair of overalls? No, not my style.

32. Pee’d on the side of the road? Many times.

33. Made homemade wine? No, I'm more into growing things...

34. Had a party at the creek? No.

35. Milked a cow? Yeah, when I was a kid.

36. Ran across round bails of hay? No, but I love to see them lined up in fields.

37. Must have sweat tea? Absolutely!

38. Been to a race? No.

39. Drink fresh milk, straight from the dairy farm? I tried that once when I was a kid, but it was gross because the milk was still warm from the cow. Ick.

40. Include the word “yonder” in your vocabulary? Not usually.

3 comments:

CapitalistImperialistPig said...

I got 20/40. Same as my eyesight. Country but not Southern.

Kat said...

Those were great. My husband would totally drool over your truck. He wanted one like that, but didn't need anything that big. He settled for an F250, 4 door. :)

Hale McKay said...

I copied this from Kat too. I'll be putting it up soon.