Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl Commercials

I half-assed watched the Superbowl yesterday. I decided I was 'for' Seattle when they gave Pittsburgh a touchdown when on the replay it was clearly not a touchdown. I asked David if he's want to be a ref and he said no. I said I'd like it but everyone would hate me because I'd be a real hard-ass about that kind of thing. Oh well.

But I did see some of the big commercials and here's my little take on the ones I can remember:

1. The Burger King musical extravaganza was good. I liked it and was glad that I didn't miss it. Funny stuff!

2. The Fed Ex one with the prehistoric guys. Again, very funny!

3. The 'new' Escalade... WTF?? Whoever that commercial's target audience is I'm not in it. That was one of the stupidest commercials I've ever seen.

4. Some hybrid car commercial (sorry, I don't know which company it was for) that talked about doing things for a better future had a Spanish speaking father and son. The son asked why the father learned to speak English and he said something about it being for his son's better future. THANK YOU!!! No offense to immigrants, etc., but if you want to live in the U.S. you better learn to speak our language. Period.

5. David laughed out loud at the face I was making during the commercial for "Desperate Housewives", especially the part where Hugh Hefner is giving moral advice to one of the characters. Ugh. I'm so out of the loop of popular crap sometimes.

6. The couple of beer commercials I saw were absolutely stupid too.

7. The careerbuilder spots with the monkeys and jackasses were clever and funny.

8. I missed the Fabio shampoo commercial. But really, isn't that just a little too surreal anyway?

9. Disney's Shaggy Dog, what a waste of money and I think Tim What's-His-Name must be broke to have agreed to be in such a piece of utterly stupid crap. Not funny at all!

I missed most of the commercials, but here's a link to some of them. Not sure if non-AOL users have access to this link, sorry!

3 comments:

Footprint said...

My gf and I were talking about the same touchdown. It seems that when the "plane" is broken by the player and both his feet are in bounds and the moon is a waxing crescent or greater, then, it's a touchdown.

Anonymous said...

Worst officiating I've seen in a long time, and I've seen some bad officiating. I'm really not a conspiracy theorist, but WWF (or whatever it's called now) move over.

Kat said...

I loved the streaker commercial! With the naked sheep? And the Ameriquest where he zaps the fly. And of course the spock commercial.