Friday, February 03, 2006

Groove is in the Heart

Back to reality. I got back from my retreat late Wednesday night and now I'm settling back into 'real' life. It has been a relatively smooth transition. I'm trying to maintain a higher level of peace utilizing the experiences I had at Green Valley. As has happened with my two previous visits there I feel recharged and refreshed, but this time it is even more so. Maybe it's one of those 'better with age' things. I received some confirmation of things that I knew in my heart, and being the 'scientist' that I am I find confirmation vital. Some might see some of this stuff as hokey or whatever, but we create our own reality and this is mine. My self-perception has always been divergent from others' perception of me. But I'm finding them becoming more aligned now. Apparently, others see me as warm, open, and loving (except when I'm hormonal) while I've previously seen myself as quiet, shy, and somewhat withdrawn. Go figure.

But I have been doing some deep spiritual work in the last year or so, and it seems that it has been working as I had hoped. Everyone I met on my trip responded to the love aura I hoped I was emitting. (Now, when I say 'love' I don't mean 'sex'.) Groove is in the heart. Some even said I was "glowing". Wow! (Maybe that has something to do with my being born in the Atomic City- Oak Ridge. LOL) Of course, being in such a relaxed place has something to do with that too. But it is interesting to watch people relax in your presence when you turn on the love groove. Try it sometime when you're in a situation where people might be feeling uncomfortable or shy. The love groove is always there. You just have to tune into it. Shine a little love.

Oh, and on the flight from Chicago to LA (lots of plane changes to go from a small airport, Knoxville, to a tiny one, St. George) I got to sit next to a totally HOT, young, friendly Navy MP. Gave this old girl a thrill to get to bump shoulders and knees with such a hottie. Groove is in the heart...

4 comments:

ghartstein said...

Glad it was a refreshing a relaxing trip! Sometimes you just need it....like right now!!!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have you back, Rae Ann. I'm glad you're refreshed and recharged. And I can't wait to hear more about the love groove. Far out, man. ;-)

Kat said...

Glad you are back and that you had such a great trip.

Footprint said...

Good things from the garden. Garden in the valley. Valley of the Jolly Green Giant.

Glad to hear that your spiritual work is going well.