Monday, August 29, 2005

Even the best fall down sometimes...

So I guess I shouldn't feel so bad when my sorry ass f*cks up. I just discovered that I missed not one but two deadlines for art related stuff. One was for the Dogwood Arts Festival thing, and the other was for the Tennessee Valley Fair Photo Show. I was going to enter the 'Armor Petals' picture for the DAF thing, but the deadline was Friday. Oops. Oh, well, no rebellious offering from me this year. I can hear the old snotty hens clucking already.

Last year I had a good showing at the Fair. I received a first place, 2 third place, and 2 or 3 creditable ribbons. I forgot that I needed to send in an entry form back in the middle of this month. Oh, well, I didn't have enough pictures prepared for it anyway. Maybe next year.

And I suppose these latest blunders serve to either illustrate exactly how badly I need an Assistant or to adequately scare off any potential qualified Assistants. Who would want to help someone as scatter-brained as I am? I probably couldn't offer enough compensation to make it worth the trouble.

9 comments:

SierraBella said...

"Old snotty hens clucking" is perfect!

C'mon rae ann and get back in there and stir things up...
Maybe next year?

Anonymous said...

You can always go to the fair anonymously and make snide comments in front of the judges about how much better the art was last year and wondering why that talented artist that took the first in (?) didn't think it was worth her time to enter this year. :-)

Rae Ann said...

sierrabella, yeah, maybe next year. I lost my steam this year.

dh, thanks, but I think I'll skip it all-together this year. The first was in the black and white architecture catagory.

Kat said...

Well, now you have a headstart on them next year! Blow them away!

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

It is ashame you did not get entered. Congrat on last year. You sound so much like me, except I hold the RIBBONS for the WORST procrastinator in the world. Right now I have things important sitting in a pile that needs immediate attn. Hopefully this week, I will get them returned with signatures & w/stamps on them! (LOL)

Hope you are doing okay in your region with this MONSTER storm, I know it headed your way. Please tell her Dad hello! (smiling)
Your art is great...it would have won again for sure. Take care...and tks for visiting lately when I have been MIA. (smiling)

eatmisery said...

I'm kind of flattered that you named it what I suggested. That's very cool.

Rae Ann said...

madman, I'm sure we could work out a deal.

kat, next years sounds like a long way off, but maybe I'll be up to it by then.

suzie, thanks, Katrina has mostly stayed west of here so we haven't even gotten a lot of rain (yet). It's a little windy but not too bad so far.

eatmisery, I loved the title you suggested. It's perfect!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rae Ann said...

Anonymous pussies from Australia who don't know proper English should definitely not be the ones offering "a nice big cup of shut the fuck up." Besides it just takes me one little click to force you to shut the fuck up. Asshole.