Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Songs of 1976

I decided to redo last night's lost post. Here's a list of my favorite songs from 1976.

Silly Love Songs, Paul McCartney and Wings
Don't Go Breaking My Heart, Elton John and Kiki Dee
December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night), Four Seasons
Play That Funky Music, Wild Cherry
Kiss And Say Goodbye, Manhattans
50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, Paul Simon
Love Is Alive, Gary Wright
A Fifth Of Beethoven, Walter Murphy and The Big Apple Band
Afternoon Delight, Starland Vocal Band
I Write The Songs, Barry Manilow
Fly, Robin, Fly, Silver Convention
Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen
Boogie Fever, Sylvers
I'd Really Love To See You Tonight, England Dan and John Ford Coley
You Sexy Thing, Hot Chocolate
Love Hurts, Nazareth
(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty, K.C. and The Sunshine Band
Love Rollercoaster, Ohio Players
You Should Be Dancing, Bee Gees
Let Your Love Flow, Bellamy Brothers
Dreamweaver, Gary Wright (this song gave me nightmares back then which makes it notable)
All By Myself, Eric Carmen
Love To Love You Baby, Donna Summer
That's The Way I Like It, K.C. and The Sunshine Band
Show Me The Way, Peter Frampton
Dream On, Aerosmith
Devil Woman, Cliff Richard
Fooled Around And Fell In Love, Elvin Bishop
Saturday Night, Bay City Rollers
Island Girl, Elton John
Evil Woman, Electric Light Orchestra
Fox On The Run, Sweet
Rhiannon, Fleetwood Mac
Got To Get You Into My Life, Beatles
Still The One, Orleans
You're My Best Friend, Queen
Slow Ride, Foghat
Baby, I Love Your Way, Peter Frampton
Rock And Roll All Nite, Kiss
Disco Duck, Rick Dees
Take The Money And Run, Steve Miller Band
Squeeze Box, The Who
Muskrat Love, Captain and Tennille
Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright), Rod Stewart
Magic Man, Heart
Nights Are Forever Without You, England Dan & John Ford Coley
The Rubberband Man, Spinners (I still have this 45)
Strange Magic, Electric Light Orchestra
Show Me the Way, Peter Frampton
Moody Blue, Elvis Presley
More Than a Feeling, Boston
Free Bird, Lynyrd Skynyrd
Lorelei - Styx

I've surely left some out, but that's quite a list. I don't think I could make that long a list from any other year. I can see the development of my psyche in that list. That was a remarkable year. I remember the celebrations and patriotism of our country's Bicentennial. I think that year was one of my 'coming of age' times. Something in me emerged then. We went to Disney World that year. I haven't been there since. It surprises me that several of those songs are on the Lyrics blog.

Is there a year in your life like that?

7 comments:

ghartstein said...

Wow! Those stir up some memories. Fox on the Run, I know few people who remember that one let alone like it! '76 was sixth grade for me...a time when my musical tastes broadened greatly. Great post Rae Ann!!!

Nick Danger said...

What an awsome list. I want to make it a playlist. You rock!

Rae Ann said...

Thanks, guys!

Lois Lane said...

When you "borrow" all of those songs from the net and burn them onto a CD, I want a copy. :)
Great tunes!
Lois Lane

r.m said...

You forgot the Uh Huh, Uh Huh in That's The Way I Like It...

Great list!

ghartstein said...

LOL Madman! That was early 80's for me, but you're 8 years older, so that about adds up! And if my boss is reading this, we're talking about sugar donuts...people used to put them on their noses...yeah, that's it!

Rae Ann said...

mr g and madman, you crack me up!

rm, yeah, that was a good one too.