Thursday, May 25, 2006

15 Years Ago Today


Goofing before the ceremony, pretending to be a Southern Belle.



First kiss as husband and wife. My god, we were so young!









Fifteen years ago today I became a wife. I can't say that it's always been easy or pleasant, but life isn't meant to always be easy and pleasant. We have been through a lot together and survived things that have broken other marriages. I'm a hard person to live with sometimes, but so is David sometimes. We both have had to grow up and make compromises and sacrifices. To my credit I'm a stubborn, persistent old goat, and when I set my mind to something I don't give up. To David's credit he tolerant and forgiving and generous. Together we complement each other's strengths and weaknesses. And bless him for sticking with me even though I'm not as cute and young and 'fresh' as I once was. Ironically, I never saw myself as pretty back then. When I look in the mirror I see the same person I saw then. It's only in photographs that I see someone else, the current me: older, plumper, and maybe a little worn.

But all of that has been the 'price' for this:













And for this I would give my life. In many ways I have. Happy 15th Anniversary to us!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to offer my heartfelt congratulations to you and David. It's a noteworthy accomplishment that speaks well of your affection and commitment. May you have many, many more.

Rainypete said...

Congrats on manking at about 6 times further than most people these dys. It's sad to see what is becoming of marriage, but heartening to see good folk making it through anyways.

QUASAR9 said...

Hi Rae, Congratulations. Hope you are having a Magical day!

I've added your site on my blog. I've called the link:

"Rae Ann's Magical Thinking"

Hope that's ok with you.

PS - love your numerology comment on Lubos' Reference Frame. All the best. Laters ... Q

Kat said...

Happy Anniversary!

ghartstein said...

Happy anniversary Rae Ann and many more to come!

Rae Ann said...

dh, thanks! We had a nice evening. A friend kept the kids overnight.

rainypete, thanks! It's definitely not an easy task.

Q, thanks! That is cool! I don't mind the description; it fits. Isn't it odd that Lubos put 'abracadabra' in one of his last posts? I don't think he's read my "Magical Thinking" post yet (no visits shown on hit counters from Mass. over the last few days). I'm such a fruitloop! lol

kat and mr g, thanks! :-)

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!on 15 years.

Guy said...

Congrats!

Price, you say! Price! Nay! say instead the treasure you have found in the struggle of life and the treasure again in the faces of those you love. For what else is life but the struggle that marks us with its years of enduring effort?

Congratulations a second time and 50 more may you have; at least!

SierraBella said...

Congrats! (Sorry I'm so behind on things...)
Love the pictures!