Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Worst Movies I've Ever Watched

1. The Day After Tomorrow

Don't even get me started on that one. I'll just say they completely lost me when the passenger jet flew directly into the huge storm.


2. Mission to Mars

I was so disappointed with this one. I had anticipated a great space movie but got an exercise in emotional stupidity instead.


3. Cabin Fever

Dumb, dumb, dumb! However many minutes of my life I'll never get back. The only reason I watched it to the end was to see just how dumb it could get. How do people get the financing to make such stupid movies??


Yeah, okay, so that's only 3, but I'm only counting movies that I've actually watched all the way through. There are many more that I've either refused to waste my time watching or have only watched parts of. And not that my taste in movies is so very sophisticated or advanced since I list among my favorites Mars Attacks, Little Nicky, and House of 1000 Corpses. But what makes those movies good compared to the ones listed above is that they don't take themselves seriously. They are kind of silly by design. They are over the top but in a clever, satirical way. And to me that is funny.

5 comments:

Kat said...

I've got one! Swept Away with Madonna. I absolutely love Madonna, which is why I watched it in the first place. I kept watching it waiting for it to get good. It never did. AND it had a really crappy ending. I was actually FURIOUS that I had wasted time watching it! It was that bad.

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Thanks for the rundown....I have not watched any of those. My children have also headed me off on a few....that I do not need to put on my que at netflix. For one, Mr. and Mrs. Smith....awful they said...and actually the critics did too.

Rainypete said...

I have a genetic defect where if I watch a movie, no matter how tragically nasty it is, I have to watch it through. I've absorbed so many B movies over the years that I'm surprised my brain can even function.

Guy said...

Mars Attacks busted me up. I totally loved grandma saving the world with cowboy yodelling. And when that martian bogarted that nuke I almost died.

Little Nicky was pretty good. I like how Adam puts those twisted little love stories in his movies. I just saw "50 first dates" a few weeks ago and was totally delighted with it, he's definitely getting better.

Rae Ann said...

kat, I've never watched that one. Since you didn't like it I'll just keep skipping it. lol

suzie, yeah, I really don't see that many movies. And I never was planning to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Not a fan of Brad and definitely not a fan of Angelina (imo, she's a nasty, disgusting skank... just think Billy Bob was there... GAG!!)

pete, generally I'm like that too. I usually have to watch something to the end no matter how bad it is.

guy, I haven't seen 50 First Dates. I need to rent it. I also love The Waterboy, but more for Kathy Bates as 'Mama'. She cracks me up!

useless man, oh! You are right! I happen to love Ernest Scared Stupid. My kids watched it over and over and over a few years ago. It's really not half bad for a campy horror movie. lol (I'm being totally serious, btw)