Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Did I Say That?

Well, I'm going back in time here to the 4th of July. As I had mentioned previously we had a huge fireworks show in my backyard. Here are some pictures of the arsenal. Now, I have to tell you that this wasn't all of it. This is only about 2/3 of it because after I took these pictures the boys went out and bought a whole bunch more. Plus they had been shooting off some of them the previous night.



After that picture I yelled for the kids to 'come in here and get next to the explosives for a picture.' As soon as that came out of my mouth I doubled over laughing. Did I actually say that? You know you're a Redneck when...



The dark haired girl is my daughter's friend who lives next door. She's here all the time. My oldest is giving me that 'you're so weird' look because I had been laughing so hard at myself. My daughter is showing one of the parachutes that came out of a fireworks thing they had just shot. My youngest is doing his own thing as always. I don't know why he has a dollar or what he is doing with it.

And yes, I was a little concerned about storing that much firepower in the garage just a few feet from my Corvette. But I guess if they had accidentally exploded the whole house would have gone up. I don't know.

More July 4th pictures to come as I have to baby my scanner and it's taking a while to get them all scanned in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about, "If you have enough fireworks to make the shock and awe of Baghdad look like sparklers on the 4th of July, you might be a redneck."

Rae Ann said...

yep, that's about like it! lol

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Wow...U did have some fireworks!! Great looking bunch too, even the neighbor girl! Sounds like a BLAST! (smiling)

ghartstein said...

Wow!!!! OUt here, even the "safe and sane" fireworks are banned in most cities!

Rainypete said...

Dear lord, terrorists have fewer explosives layin gabout their homes. Must have been one helluva show!

I love the fact that the kids had to pose with the pyrotechnics, and the little guy with the dollar bill? Does he usually sit around playing with money?

Rae Ann said...

suzie, thanks again! The kids get their good looks from their daddy.

mr g, actually they aren't really legal here either, but out in the country they don't inforce it on the 4th. We're such rebels!

rainypete, I did worry about having that much firepower under roof. And yeah, my youngest is a real character, but he doesn't usually play with real money!