I don't like 'To Do' lists because I inevitably list too many things and get depressed and beat myself up when I don't finish them all. So I've decided to start doing 'Done' lists so that I can see my progress instead of what I've not gotten done. So here's my list from this weekend:
1. in-depth cleaning in my bathroom including taking down the shades on the light fixtures and washing the thick dust off of them, cleaning the year-old stain over-spray off the outside of the window, cleaning the dust off all the other hard to reach areas, and cleaning the inside of the window. It's so nice to be able to look through clean glass!
2. the usual laundry and dishes; this never ends...
3. repotted an orchid whose roots were growing all out of the pot
4. finished the other cornice for a bedroom window and hung it; this might sound simple but because I'm clumsy it takes me three times as long to do this kind of stuff than it takes a normal person. It's truly a comedy of errors to watch me try to do these things. Joanne Liebler, I'm not. I hate her. But I push on and get things done all the while grunting and cussing and yelling at anyone who happens to look my way or get within 20 feet of me. There are two windows in my room, and the one window has had its cornice up for at least a year. It took me this long to get up the gumption to struggle through hanging the other one. This was my biggest accomplishment this weekend. David doesn't do windows.
5. hung a support bracket under a poorly designed but pretty shelf. This task went relatively smoothly for me compared to the cornice.
6. won $20 on the lottery-- $15 on Powerball and $5 on a scratch-off; only spent $6 on the tickets. This follows winning $42 a couple of weeks ago. This is a good investment for me so far. My return is far greater than any of my mutual funds or other accounts.
7. finished embellishing a pretty little lamp... will post a picture later.
8. finished my first weaving experiment... will post a picture of it too.