Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Wizard Jewel: Epiphany

Your words to me just a whisperYour face is so unclearI try to pay attentionYour words just disappear
'Cause it's always raining in my headForget all the things I should have said
So I speak to you in riddles'Cause my words get in my wayI smoke the whole thing to my headAnd feel it wash away'Cause I can't take anymore of thisI want to come apartAnd dig myself a little holeInside your precious heart
'Cause it's always raining in my headForget all the things I should have said
I am nothing more thanA little boy insideThat cries out for attentionYet I always try to hide'Cause I talk to you like childrenThough I don't know how I feelBut I know I'll do the right thingIf the right thing is revealed
'Cause it's always raining in my headForget all the things I should have said

Epiphany by Staind

I'm not quick. I'm slow with the witty replies - they always crawl out of the gray muck much too late to be relevant. Like in this song above, the words get washed away in the chaos of my mind. Unlike writing when I can take my time and think and choose the words that fit, when I'm speaking, especially about vulnerable emotional things, I get nervous and anxious and freeze up like a deer in the headlights. It feels like I dissociate from my body and the thoughts don't get translated into words and I pause too long. What did you just say? I didn't comprehend it because my ears were disconnected from my brain while I was trying to access my tongue to speak. How many important statements have I missed due to this executive failure to multitask processing and expression?   

But sometimes I get struck with an insight from the simplest of instances, like a misread word, and it resonates and clears the internal disarray to a path of epiphany. I recently experienced this spark that lead to a quiet but much needed prayer of hope and appreciation. It came from an unexpected and humorous uncertainty. I love when surprise inspiration comes from seemingly mundane events. It's funny how we can make love out of nothing at all.

Sometimes we feel things that no words are adequate to express. Some experiences and people are unlike anything we've ever known. These are the enigmas and mysteries that burn and churn in the mind and heart and soul. I've been taught that good writing should employ an economy of words, careful use of flourish, precision and thrift, but let's not be miserly about our feelings. There are many kinds of love and sometimes all of them get concentrated in one place. Care, affection, attraction, desire - all together and still insufficient to define this thing. 

I was handed a Wizard Jewel and it led to an epiphany that I am still trying to fully comprehend. Is its luminance real or just a mirage, a limerence, a chimera, a fantasy pulled purely out of my own nonsense? Making love out of nothing at all?

I know just how to whisperAnd I know just how to cryI know just where to find the answersAnd I know just how to lieI know just how to fake itAnd I know just how to schemeI know just when to face the truthAnd then I know just when to dream
And I know just where to touch youAnd I know just what to proveI know when to pull you closerAnd I know when to let you looseAnd I know the night is fadingAnd I know the time's gonna flyAnd I'm never gonna tell you everything I gotta tell youBut I know I gotta give it a try
And I know the roads to richesAnd I know the ways to fameI know all the rules and then I know how to break 'emAnd I always know the name of the gameBut I don't know how to leave youAnd I'll never let you fallAnd I don't know how you do itMaking love out of nothing at all
Out of nothing at all(Making love) Out of nothing at all(Making love)Out of nothing at all(Making love) Out of nothing at all(Making love) Out of nothing at all(Making love) Out of nothing at all
Every time I see you all the rays of the sun are allStreaming through the waves in your hairAnd every star in the sky is taking aim at your eyesLike a spotlightThe beating of my heart is a drum and it's lostAnd it's looking for a rhythm like youYou can take the darkness from the pit of the nightAnd turn it to a beacon burning endlessly brightI've gotta follow it 'cause everything I knowWell, it's nothing 'til I give it to you
I can make the runner stumbleI can make the final blockI can make every tackle at the sound of the whistleI can make all the stadiums rockI can make tonight foreverOr I can make it disappear by the dawnI can make you every promise that has ever been madeAnd I can make all your demons be gone
But I'm never gonna make it without youDo you really wanna see me crawlAnd I'm never gonna make it like you do

Making love out of nothing at all

Making Love Out of Nothing At All by Air Supply   

      

 


No comments: