Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Leaks




Yesterday we learned that due to some government idiot's leaking of information to the media we have lost a valuable internet source of intelligence about terrorist plans and activities. What is wrong with people? Don't they have any integrity anymore? I think whoever was responsible for this leak should be charged with treason. We don't know how many planned attacks might have been prevented because of the information from that source. And now it's gone, so if an attack happens the leaker/traitor should be executed. Yes, that's harsh, but it's really inexcusable for someone working for the people to do something so irresponsible and stupid and dangerous. If they made such a big to-do about the Valerie Plame thing then this should be an even bigger to-do.


Addendum:

"There’s no more ignominious fate for these once-powerful titans than irrelevance." Pat Sajak, in The Media and Fred Thompson


I like Pat. He's smart. And in his article about the media and Thompson he pretty well skewers the big media outlets for their crooked attempts to remain relevant in these changing times. A "dwindling handful of sclerotic media outlets" is what he calls them. Sclerotic means something like "old, stiff, and immovable" or the opposite of supple. I like that word, supple. Anyway, I think it does relate to the story above about the leaks to the media. I hope that these kinds of stunts, like releasing a secret video when told not to, will backfire in securing media relevance if enough people will realize how absolutely irresponsibly the media behaves. Enough already. Maybe these media types who air secret videos should be charged with treason too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen, do you want to know a secret
Do you promise not to tell, whoa, whoa, whoa
Closer, let me whisper in your ear


Beatles, 1963


Everybody's talking at me
I don't hear a word they're saying
Only the echoes of my mind


Harry Nilsson (theme to Midnight Cowboy, 1969)


Oh I heard it through the grapevine
Oh I'm just about to lose my mind


Marvin Gaye, and others
written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong (Motown)


And it's one more beer and I don't hear you anymore

Someone Saved My Life Tonight
1975, Elton John/Bernie Taupin

ghartstein said...

Hey, long time no read! Glad to see you're still here! Is that the same Pat Sajak, as in "Vanna, are there any "N's"?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's the same Pat Sajak. I really wish these Hollywood types would stay out of politics since no one cares about their opinions! Or does that only apply to liberal celebrities?

Rae Ann said...

nanook,

Beware of pretty faces that you find
A pretty face can hide an evil mind
Ah, be careful what you say
Or you'll give yourself away
Odds are you won't live to see tomorrow

Secret agent man, secret agent man
They've given you a number and taken away your name

"Secret Agent Man"

mr. g, Welcome back to blogging!

Analyzer, no, it only applies to the stupid celebrities (nearly all of them).

Anonymous said...

Well, we know Pat Sajak is okay, then. He has the official Rae Ann "I like him, he's smart" seal of approval.

Freedom of speech: subject to Rae Ann's scrutiny since 2001.

Rae Ann said...

A- sure, I have the right to scrutinize what celebrities say. As you do too, and you just did above. I'm not trying to prohibit anyone from speaking, but I will if you become abusive. ;-)