Sunday, January 07, 2007

Memorial




Ten years ago about right now (well, not considering calendar irregularities) my mom died. In this picture she was about 30 and I was about 5. I'm about 95% sure this photo was taken in the summer of 1973. My mom was a hottie! I've always paled in her shadow, even ten years after her death. The occasion of this picture was showing off the little "Indian dress" she had bought me because I was so interested in Indians/Native Americans. She called me "Princess Feather."

I considered cropping this photo to remove the background junk, but I decided that it was interesting, if only for me, to see the old cars and whatnot. And dig that hair on Mom! Wow! Incidentally, my most vivid early memories are set in this time and place.

2 comments:

Kat said...

What a great picture! I'm glad you didn't crop it. She was beautiful. :)

eatmisery said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom. She would've been so proud of you.

And, yes, she sure was a hottie!