Monday, October 30, 2006

Consolation Prizes

You know on game shows they used to have "consolation prizes" for the contestants who didn't win the big prize. I'm not sure they still do that because I don't watch game shows anymore.

This idea is similar to the theme in movies and TV shows of the guy or girl who is the "best friend" of the lead character. Usually in these stories that "best friend" would really like to be the romantic interest, and it always looks to the audience as well that he/she should be, but for whatever stupid reasons the lead character doesn't recognize their blessing with such a person and chases after someone else only to come running to the best friend when things don't work out so well and they need some "consolation." (wow, that was a long, run-on sentence, but I'm not changing it).

Well, lately in many senses, I've been feeling like a consolation prize, and I'm kind of tired of it.

So if I have to be a consolation prize then here you go:

A Vicious Momma Consolation Prize

1 comment:

changapeluda said...

Sweet! I feel that teddy bear, man. Also am way impressed with your knowing who's been here abilities. I don't even have a freakin' counter at my place.