Friday, December 23, 2005

Where Have I Been?

So what has been keeping me so busy? Well, let's see...

All day Sunday I did laundry. It was time to wash all the bed linens, and I was in the right mood to tackle that task.

Monday- my two older kids and I got a terrible stomach flu that had us all in bed for about 2 days.

Wednesday- I had to force myself to go do some Christmas shopping despite wanting/needing to rest some more.

Thursday- More shopping. It is done now. But I still have a few things to wrap.

Between all of the sickness, shopping, and usual daily tasks I've tried to rest as much as possible.

And the Puppy comes home today! I hope she is going to have an easy re-adjustment (is that redundant?) to home. I will be picking her up this afternoon, but before I do I want to go by the pet supply store and get her a nice, soft, comfy bed.

I hope to post again before Christmas... maybe with some pictures if I can. I hope everyone has had a much better week than I have!

On a side note, today would have been my parents' 44th anniversary.

11 comments:

mikster said...

Have a great Christmas!!

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Hope all of you start feeling better soon. That type of flu can really be bad...ewwwww!! I finished up too on the shopping, don't think I will go back out in the traffic and crowds. Other than my appt today at the hospital for tests...not far though. Will start cooking probably Sat.

The puppy bed is a great idea, maybe w/a little toy too. (awwww)

44 yrs would have been a long time...Sending my best to your Dad.
Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Kat said...

Spoil that puppy. Hope everyone is better now.

Have a great Chirstmas!

Sylvana said...

Your puppy will love a cushy bed!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better!
Merry Christmas!

Rainypete said...

Yaay! The puppy will eb home for Christmas. Merry Christmas and get soem rest!!

ghartstein said...

Rest now and be well, for New Year's Eve approacheth and you need to be healthy so you can get hammered and feel sick all over again. Oh, tradition!

eatmisery said...

I hope you have a great holiday!

-G.D. said...

i can relate!

oops...got to go back to being santa.

happy holidays!

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 26 05

Happy New Year Rae Ann! I realize you have been sick and busy this autumn. I am just getting over that walking sickness too! Thx for wishing me well and it sure has been a pleasure coming across you in the blogosphere:) Best Wishes for the New Year:)
Warmest Regards:)

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 26 05

And Congrats on your parent's anniversary! What a milestone and glad to know you are up and at 'em!

Footprint said...

From quiet homes and first beginning,
Out to the undiscovered ends,
There's nothing worth the wear of winning,
But laughter and the love of friends. - Hilaire Belloc