Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Peppered Thoughts

Much Ado About Nothing

I'm a little scattered today, but I do want to say a few things. First off, this whole uproar over the Dick Cheney hunting accident is just totally ridiculous. The entire 'controversy' is media-created. They are just whining and being complete babies about not being alerted to what happened the second that it happened. Get over yourselves you stupid media vampires!

Just think about it. If you were out hunting and you accidentally shot one of your friends would your first thought be, "OH! Call CNN! Quick!"? I don't think so! What kind of incredibly self-centered and pompous group of people get their panties in a wad because they weren't the first to get the 'scoop'?? I never have had much respect for the media, but now they have earned my disgust. And I'm almost as disgusted by the people who are led astray by these wolves like brainless sheep. Come on people, don't give the media so much power. Power corrupts. And the media are obviously corrupted.

Worst Dressed List

Did anyone watch the men's figure skating short programs last night? I tried to. It was really difficult for me to see past the horrific costumes. I'm not sure who's designing skating outfits these days, but whoever it is needs to be fired. The first one that astounded me was worn by a French guy, Frederic Dambier.

(sorry, pilfered pic, but it's got its copyright on it, and the next two are borrowed from NBC) In case you can't tell that's fishnet that goes past his hip. I was so horrified by his costume that I don't know what skating he actually did.

And then another Frenchman, Brian Joubert, wore some terribly distracting James Bond outfit.

And then there's our very own flaming faggot, Johnny Weir, in his Swan Lake spectacle.

Lest anyone be offended by my calling him a flaming faggot don't be because he's effectively called himself that. He's very out and flamboyant and obnoxious. If he can use his homosexuality as an excuse to be obnoxious, loud, and proud, then I can exercise my freedom of expression too and call him out.

Anyway, to the designers of men's skating costumes, PLEASE use some discretion and higher standards and stop it with the sheer and/or fishnet insets!! Men, even flaming faggots, shouldn't wear fishnet on ice. It's terribly distracting and does not add to the artistry of the programs. There should be a stricter dress code. Back in the day we weren't even allowed to wear sleeveless dresses for competitions, let alone sheer insets that left little to the imagination. I know I sound like an old prude, but come on, when your kids ask you why those boys are dressed like girls it's gone too far!

The one skater that got it right was our Matthew Savoie. (sorry, no pic because I'm getting aggravated at AOL right now) His costume was subtle, sophisticated, and in very good taste. Sometimes (Johnny!) too much flash takes away from the beauty.

16 comments:

Kat said...

I didn't see the figure skating, but I agree with what you said. Subtle is better.

Kat said...

oh! thanks for the vote~

Anonymous said...

wow loved it when that first french fruit ripped OPEN his little top at the end to reveal something even more "bedazzeled" and yellow....I was just horrified at the entire night....

someone take away their bedazzlers!

Anonymous said...

Come on, Rae Ann. If this trend with ice skater costumes continues, you'll be able to save the cover charge for the next Chippendales show.

Anonymous said...

We think Brian Joubert makes a great James Bond.

Anonymous said...

I don't think men should be wearing spandex and fishnet, either.

Eric said...

This post proves why I love reading your blog. I laughed so hard, I spewed Dr. Pepper all over my desk.

Thanks.

wallycrawler said...

I don't mind da fishnet , it's da gloved hands that throw me ! Very gay !!!

Anonymous said...

What do Brian Joubert, Johnny Weir, the Los Angeles Dodgers and I have in common? We all wear one glove for no apparent reason.

Rae Ann said...

kat, it was just horrible and the long program is tonight, so we'll see what kind of crazy shit they wear this time.

debi, fortunately I missed that little flash.

dh, Chippendales? Aren't they chipmunks? lol

td and gl, yeah, you would!

rue, you go girl!

tayster, sorry about the keyboard, but thanks for laughing!

mj, I'm afraid to ask where y'all lost the other gloves...

Footprint said...

But what would Brian Boytano do??

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

You nailed it "stupid media vampires"!! Myself, I would be worried first about getting my friend to the hospital.
Sorry haven't watched the skating...guess I missed the wardrobe. (smiling) Thanks for the pics though....

Anonymous said...

Well, the FF threw a hissy fit after performing so poorly in the long program last night. From a SF Chronicle article this morning, this is what Weir said: "I didn't feel my inner peace tonight," he said. "My biorhythm was off. I was black inside. I'm going to blame someone else. It was never brought to my attention that it (the bus schedule) would be changed. I guess it's my fault for not asking."

At least he almost accepted responsibility for sucking. Oops, poor choice of words.

eatmisery said...

It's hard for me to watch the men's figure skating competitions. I'm so distracted by their moose knuckles I can't assess their skating skills. I'll agree that the costumes are just plain horrid.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Poor little delusional fools. Just like this blog's 'writer'. She surely needs some writing tips. Take a writing course, for god's sake.

Anonymous said...

the article should apply to both men and women