Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love Is A Battlefield

Heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield

We are strong, no one can tell us we're wrong
Searchin' our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield

Love Is A Battlefield by Pat Benatar



The Kiss by Gustav Klimt, one of my very favorite artists


Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass

Heart of Glass by Blondie



heart of glass

A few months ago I traded in my heart of glass for a heart of titanium because the transparent and fragile glass one had been broken so many times. But my body is rejecting that transplant, which is the real reason why I keep getting sick, so I'm shopping for a new one.

The strongest and most fiery is certainly a diamond heart
but they are just too expensive.

Of course, there are cheaper alternatives to diamonds like Moissanite and Cubic Zirconia, but still for something the size of a human heart it is too much money and untested for these purposes besides.

While a heart of chocolate
would be very sweet and easily melt, I don't think that is any more practical or durable than a heart of glass.

So I just don't know exactly what would be best. It needs to be something that works well and is durable and tough without being too hard and impenetrable. Love is a battlefield, and hearts get broken and mended. Maybe I should just see if I can get back my old, battle-scarred but familiar and full of love heart. Maybe if I keep working on it I'll finally get that alchemical formula for a heart of gold.

For each man in his time is Cain
Until he walks along the beach
And sees his future in the water
A long lost heart within his reach

The One by Elton John


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For more information and a much better source than wikipedia for moissanite see the Moissanite Awareness blog