Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I've Seen Better Days

The dust never settles. If that's what anyone is waiting for then it will be a long wait. Might as well take a deep breath and go. Shit or get off the pot, as the old folks said. And Mae West once said, "He who hesitates is a fool." Sure, that goes against that other famous saying about fools rushing in where angels fear to go, but not all of us are angels. ;-) And for some of us, life has conditioned us to be "jumpy" (quick to act/react) with a constant stream of big events.

2008 has been an absolutely brutal year. I hate to sound like a whiny cry-baby, but objectively looking at it all it's pretty obvious that life has been hard. Not the average hard anyway. But I don't really want to revisit all of those details.

On the other hand, life's been good, and I really shouldn't complain too much. I guess it's a matter of finding some balance between feeling grateful for an interesting life and feeling beat up and permanently scarred from so much excitement. Well, it's just a fact of life. I've seen better days...




May we all have a peaceful and healthy 2009. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from the UK

Guy said...

God bless and Happy New Year, Rae.

Anonymous said...

Great video to illustrate your feelings, RaeAnn. I know a lot of us feel run over or beaten up at various times. I'm sure that's one of the reasons we visit here...to know that we're not alone in facing what life throws at us sometimes. A terrific New Year to you and your family.